View the complete Learning Outcomes for this course: English 11 PLO
For students looking for an English 11 credit, there is also the option of taking New Media 11, which is one of the new curriculum options for grade 11 students.
It is recommended that students complete: English 10
- Module 1: focuses on the writing process.
- Module 2: is an examination of Shakespeare’s Macbeth; the final product is a project of the student’s choice.
- Online Midterm – password protected – password to be released to an approved testing center supervisor
- Module 3: students read Lord of the Flies and show their understanding by answering comprehension questions, doing mini-projects, and write an essay comparing and contrasting Macbeth and Lord of the Flies.
- Online Final exam – password protected – password to be released to an approved testing center supervisor
Throughout the course, the student is supported with detailed teacher feedback to encourage students to produce their absolute best work whenever they write. In other words, the aim is to help students to best express themselves before they reach the even more rigorous demands of English 12.
Student will be mailed Macbeth and Lord of the Flies; all other resources are online
Assignments (quizzes, projects, worksheets, discussions): 80%
Midterm and final exam 20%
BC Performance Standards