Hello FAe families,
Based on the information I have received from the district survey and the communications I have had with our families, you have indicated that your child will be returning to school in the first week of June. If that has changed then please let me know.
As a way of welcoming families back, the school district has created a video for families to watch concerning the return of students to schools: School District Video
There are a number of important details that I do need to make you aware of before your return so please take a time to read over the information below and email me if you have any questions.
- Our general face to face day will be on Wednesday and those specific dates will be June 3, 10 and 17th.
- Before any student comes to school, we are asking that parents ask the following questions as a health check in:
- Do you have a fever, a cough, nasal drip, congestion or are you sneezing?
- Is anyone in your household ill?
- If the response is yes to any of these questions then your child should stay home unless the symptoms are connected to a known issue such as allergies that is not transmittable to other students.
- When it comes to drop off, all students will be dropped off at the covered area by the playground. Parents are not permitted in the school unless arrangements have been made with administration. If you arrive late then you will need to check in at the main office by knocking on the front door.
- Here is our schedule. Please note that the K-2 students are dismissed at 2:45 and the Grade 3-8 students are dismissed at 3:00. All pick up will occur at the playground area. We strongly encourage families to not linger at the school and play/socialize and your support would be greatly appreciated.
- 9:00 – gather outside with your teacher who will bring kids in
- 10:00-10:15 – recess SHIFT 1 (Laura/Andy)
- 10:30 – 10:45 – recess SHIFT 2 (Sherrie/Jamie/Roberta)
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Outside Lunch (Laura and Andy)
- 12:15 – 1:00 – Outside Lunch (Sherrie/Jamie/Roberta)
- 2:45 – Dismissal (Laura/Andy)
- 3:00 – Dismissal (Sherrie/Jamie/Roberta)
When it comes to class placement, we have done our best to place all of our students with their classroom teacher and we have been successful with the exception of the Grade 5-8 students as currently Errin’s students have been placed with Sherrie or Jamie. This may change, but for now that is the situation.
- Student expectations:
- The main preventative measure that we have put in place in the schools is social distancing and minimizing physical contact.
- For the younger students, maintaining social distance is a challenge so our focus will be to minimize physical contact and touching.
- Handwashing will also be a key part in our return to school plans
- Classrooms will be different as some items will be removed (carpets, couches, fabric or plush toys…) but in general our goal is to provide a comforting and safe environment for your children.
- We will be using the outdoors as much as possible, so please make sure that your child comes prepared to be outside.
If you have detailed questions on what the protocols are for the district, the overall plan can be viewed here: Covid-19 School Occupancy Requirements and Protocols
Thank you for reading that somewhat comprehensive and long winded email. Please know that your child’s emotional and physical wellness will be our priority over the next few weeks. I can say that staff are very excited to see all of your children again as we have missed having them in the school.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Navigate powered by NIDES
Navigate FAe, Compass and DL Programs
2505 SMITH ROAD COURTENAY, BC CANADA V9J 1T6
PH: 250-337-5300 ext.1002 | Twitter: @mills_dwayne
TF: 1-800-663-7925 | F: 1-250-337-2310