View the complete Learning Outcomes for this course: Accounting 11 PLO
Upon completion of Accounting 11 students will have acquired a good understanding of accounting terminology, principles and procedures, and learned to use the software, Sage Simply Accounting 2012.
- Module A: The Balance Sheet: Financial Position; Business Transactions
- Module B: Balance Sheet Accounts: Recording Transactions in T-Accounts
- Module C: Income Statements: Preparing the Income Statement; Revenue and Expense Accounts
- Module D: Journals and Ledgers: The Journal; Posting to the Ledger; Source Documents
- Module E: Worksheets and Statements: The Worksheet; Classified Financial Statements
- Module F: Adjusting and Closing Entries Adjusting the Books: Adjustments to Financial Statements
- Module G: The Accounting Cycle: 3 part project
- Module H: Sage Simply Accounting 2012: 1 project
Final exam covers complete course
- First assignment 5%
- Assignments (13 total) 55%
- Projects (2 total) 20%
- Final Exam 20%
Required resources: Primary eText and study guide Principles of Accounting (4th edition), Sage Simply Accounting software (supplied by NIDES), a computer with internet access and a calculator.