- Throughout the calendar year
- Offers self-paced learning at any time
- K-7 students who are BC residents can learn from any location, with or without computer access
- All K-7 students who are BC residents can register with Navigate NIDES
- Is fully accredited by the BC Ministry of Education
- Recognizes each child as an individual with unique interests
- Encourages self directed, self-paced learning
- Builds on child’s passions to develop curriculum
- To enroll for this program just click the registration button
- Or contact Jeff Taylor for more information
Optional Compass classes provide:
- a positive, social classroom experience once a week
- teacher support, guidance and encouragement
- a self-directed learning environment
- participation in organized community-based activities such as: guest speakers and workshops
- fun and engaging group projects
- inquiry based learning that focus on your child’s passions
Navigate students join a family of learners where everyone belongs. Compass is an excellent opportunity to enrich your child’s homeschooling experience with a fun hands-on learning environment.
This option offers a balance of independent learning and interaction, technology, and personal connection. Students and their families can enjoy a wide range of face to face group activities where they make new friends, and develop social skills.
Weekly Interactive Days for K-7 students are currently available in Nanaimo and the Comox Valley; home-based families can participate through online video conferencing and virtual technologies.